The newly opened boutique hotel, Lokal, in Philadelphia, strikes a balance between a hotel and an Airbnb; each room is a full apartment-style suite with separate bedrooms, a kitchen, living room, and a washer/dryer. The best part? It’s the latest design project from Tara Mangini and Percy Bright of Jersey Ice Cream Co. who worked with co-owners Chad and Courtney Ludeman to build out the suites.
We especially like the kitchen with its plastered walls (a Jersey Ice Cream Co. signature), bold blue cabinets and backsplash, and brass accents. “We stuck to things we love—plaster, wood, cement, leather, brass—all the good stuff,” Tara says. “We had to pack a lot of functionality into a small space.” Here is a list of sources, shared with us by Jersey Ice Cream Co., for how to achieve the look.
Fixtures & Hardware
Lighting & Furniture
- Old Soul: A Revolution-Era Hudson Valley Home Gets an Update from Jersey Ice Cream Co.
- A Country House Reinvented by Jersey Ice Cream Co.
- Building Character: Jersey Ice Cream Co. and the Case of the Charmless Manse
- The One-Month Remodel: A Catskills Guesthouse by Jersey Ice Cream Co.
- The One-Month Makeover: Beth Kirby’s Star-Is-Born Kitchen