From east coast to west coast, there are noteworthy signings and celebrations on the horizon. Read on to learn more––and to see what we’ve been admiring this week.
And mark your calendars for our upcoming annual Remodelista Holiday Markets. We’ll be showcasing our favorite vendors, as well as newcomers, in San Francisco, California on December 10th and 11th, and Portland, Oregon on December 17th and 18th. See you there!
- On Thursday, November 10th, Gardenista editor in chief Michelle Slatalla `will be joining our friends at Hudson Grace in the Marin Country Mart for a signing of our new book, Gardenista: The Definitive Guide to Stylish Outdoor Spaces; from 1 to 4 pm. Details here.
- Blackcreek Mercantile & Trading Co. is having an opening celebration for its new showroom today from 3 to 7 pm at 628 Broadway in Kingston, NY, in anticipation of its official opening on November 11th. For more on the shop, see Alexa’s recent post A New Shop from Blackcreek Mercantile & Trading Co. in Kingston, New York.
- Meredith clued us in to TaskRabbit’s latest offering: a “hygge” design service based off the Danish term that translates to a cozy, simple and peaceful way of living. For the first half of November, “Taskers” will help with decluttering, decorating and furniture assembly to obtain that minimalist Scandi look.
- This transformative before and after started with a “very specific design plan.”
- Next week our friends at OCHRE will be celebrating 10 years in Soho on Thursday, November 10th, at their newly renovated showroom. Join them for music and refreshments, 462 Broome Street, 6:30 to 8:30 pm. RSVP: [email protected]
- “Allusive and enigmatic,” Benjamin Moore unveils its 2017 Color of the Year.
- The authors of Farrow & Ball’s new book, How to Decorate, will be giving an exclusive book signing and talk at 1 pm in Santa Monica today at the WestEdge Design Fair, 3021 Airport Avenue in Santa Monica, CA. Details here.
- We’ve been browsing Everything but the House (EBTH), the online source for estate sales that has recently expanded and now serves 27 cities across the US and holds more than 300 online estate sales each month. EBTH is giving one Remodelista reader a $1,000 gift certificate to shop its range of original art, antiques, midcentury furniture, and ceramics vintage finds (like this antique Handwoven Wool Heriz Area Rug currently bidding at $85). Enter here.
- A fail-proof system for keeping a tidy house.
- Plumen, maker of the World’s Most Stylish Lightbulb, has been introducing new models, including the Plumen 003 LED, designed to cast a flattering light. Margot notes the intention of the bulb’s innovative shape, which is to be used by itself as a standalone lamp rather than with a shade.
- In Gardenista news: Whimsy and Wit at Palihouse in Santa Monica.
Above: In anticipation of our upcoming holiday markets, we’ve been eyeing the feeds of our vendors, including that of Block Shop, a downtown LA-based textile company that will be bringing its hand blocked wares to our San Francisco Market (@blockshoptextiles).
For more design finds and inspiration, see our recent posts: