Here’s a look at what we’ve been admiring and coveting this week––and some sales and events to note.
Above: The cooler weather has Francesca thinking about handwoven cashmere throws from I Pezzi Depinti.
- The lower temps also have us thinking heating our homes. Here are easy tips for keeping your heating bill low.
- We’re poring over this “beautifully unique space of imagination and inspiration.”
San Francisco readers: Today is the last day our friends at The Citizenry will be holding their pop-up shop at the Cuyana Showroom. Visit 291 Geary Street from 11 am to 6 pm today to shop pieces from both brands.
Above: In Charlottenburg, West Berlin, a rehabbed turn-of-the-century hotel has just been reopened as the 44-room Sir Savigny, part of the Sir chain. Margot describes the rooms, by Amsterdam designer Saar Zafrir, as a “moody, autumnal mix of antiques and work by local artists.” Rates start at €150. Photo courtesy of Design Hotels.
- From chairs to light fixtures, here are the 11 best ways to incorporate midcentury decor into any space.
- Is your home #instagramready?
- This is some of the most clever wall-shelving storage we’ve seen.
New York readers: The Secaucus location of Design Within Reach is having a final close-out sale Saturday, 10 am to 6 pm, and Sunday, 11 am to 6 pm. Even if you’re not close by, Annie thinks this is worth the trek to New Jersey.
Above: Alexa recently noted one of our favorite Ikea pieces, the Frosta stool, modeled after Alvar Aalto’s Stool 60, is back in stock in the US. It has four legs compared to Alvar Aalto’s three, but otherwise it is strikingly similar.
- This crop of new British talent is winning over the architectural scene.
- 10 bewitching architectural projects clad in orange and black.
- How long is too long for a home to stay on the market?
- In Gardenista news: Win a copy of The New Wildcrafted Cuisine. (We can’t put ours down.)
Our Latest Instagram Obsession
Above: Justine clued us in on the moody ceramics and stunning photography of Sarah Jerath (@sarahjerath).
For more of our recent inspirations and haunts, visit some our recent posts:
- Design Sleuth: Stacked and Wall-Mounted Tables as Kitchen Storage
- Kitchen of the Week: A Study in Black by Nicole Hollis
- A Brooklyn Brownstone Goes Gothic