A round-up of ingenious kitchen spaces—some no larger than a closet—that are minuscule yet functional (and full of ideas to steal).
1. Do away with cabinet hardware.
2. Use a monochrome palette (kitchen faucet included).
3. Consider an all-in-one kitchen unit.
4. Use a tiny kitchen island as room divider.
5. Choose a skinny fridge.
6. Source a high-style folding table.
7. Think like a puzzle maker.
8. Build a tall, slim bar counter.
9. Install a bar sink.
10. Hang utensils on the wall as art.
11. Consider a radiant electric cooktop surface.
12. Use vertically stacked subway tile.
13. Spec an integrated sink and countertop.
14. Use every inch of vertical real estate.
For more small-space living ideas, see Radical Downsizing: High/Low Mini Kitchens and Race-Car-Style Appliances for the Compact Kitchen.
N.B.: This post is an update; the original story ran September 18, 2015.