The centerpiece of some of our favorite kitchens is a great big, retro kitchen range—so many of which come in a spectrum of appealing color options. You can buy a newer retro range from brands such as Smeg, invest in one of the greats like Lacanche or Officine Gullo, or source a reconditioned vintage model. Here’s our list of retro ranges: something for everybody and every budget.
N.B.: Lead photograph of Julianne Moore’s La Cornue range in her West Village house photographed by Matthew Williams for Remodelista: A Manual for the Considered Home.
Looking for other ranges? See our posts 10 Easy Pieces: Freestanding 36-Inch Kitchen Ranges and 10 Easy Pieces: Colorful Freestanding Kitchen Ranges for more.
See some of these retro ranges in action:
- The One-Month Makeover: Beth Kirby’s Star-Is-Born Kitchen
- Remade in Maine: Jersey Ice Cream Co. Upgrades a Recently Built Rockport House
- An Agrarian-Inspired Holiday House on an Agricultural Dutch Island
- Layers of History—and Color—in an Artist Couple’s 1828 Manhattan Townhouse
- Kitchen of the Week: A Small Kitchen with Big Personality for Comedian Seth Meyers
- 20 Questions: Julianne Moore and Vincent Van Duysen Talk Design