To correspond with our redesign, we’re devoting the week to clean-lined style—and making predictions about what will be looking especially good in the months ahead.
- Remodelista editor Sarah Lonsdale takes a pared-back approach in her family’s Napa cottage: See Sarah’s Refined Rental.
- In Trend Alert, Julie singles out 16 emerging looks to watch for in 2016, including grandmother chic (demonstrated here at the Durslade Farmhouse).
- Meet the small urban galley kitchen that feels surprisingly spacious. Get the crucial details in Tuesday’s Steal This Look.
- In sleep-disruptor news, Margot takes a look at an about-to-be available platform bed from a Detroit company out to compete with Ikea.
- In our 10 Easy Pieces column, Alexa rounds up caned dining chairs, a classic that’s looking fresh again.
- Our Kitchen of the Week is in an updated midcentury mountain house with an unforgettable marble counter.
- In our Expert Advice department, LA house flipper Leigh Herzig offers finishing materials tips for tight budgets. Shown here, her Hollywood Spec House with Uncommon Style.