Happy holidays from all of us at Remodelista. Here’s what we’re noting this quiet last weekend of the year:
- The ultimate end-of-the-year browsing: The Modern House’s Top Ten Best House Interiors of 2020 (including The Engine House, one of our all-time favorites, too).
- We’re admiring Forestbound Home, the self-care and wellness arm of Alice Saunders’ bag company—particularly their hand-dipped tapers from local New Hampshire beeswax.
- Reading: The 99% Invisible City: A Field Guide to the Hidden World of Everyday Design, from the folks behind design and architecture podcast 99% Invisible. A promising review: “Your city’s secret anatomy laid bare—a hundred things you look at but don’t see, see but don’t know. Each entry is a compact, surprising story, a thought piece, an invitation to marvel.” Right up our alley.
- A seasonal simmer pot to keep going all weekend (and right on through winter).
- We like these teeny-tiny plywood pre-fab cabins by a pair of Italian architects.
- 10 New Year’s resolutions for the gardener.
- And because we believe in giving gifts well past the holidays this year: thoughtful presents for new parents and handmade wooden kitchen tools for any cook.