This summer my husband and I welcomed our baby daughter, our first child, into our lives so when Julie asked if I’d create a gift guide for new parents, I jumped at the chance since my thoughts on the matter are still fresh. The first thing to remember when giving a present to a new parent is that with babies comes a lot of stuff, too much stuff. The kindest thing you can do is to either select something from their registry, order them a Postmates gift card (thank you brother and sister-in-law!), or send them something discreet and beautiful. The last thing anyone needs is a monstrous play pen, anything that makes noise, or plastic on plastic. Here are 10 gifts, many of which we have and love, for the new parent in your life.
Plus an idea for new parents in the age of the pandemic:
For more gift guides see our posts from this season:
- Remodelista Gift Guide 2020: Good-Looking Utilitarian Goods
- Remodelista Gift Guide 2020: 15 Surprises for the Eco-Minded Aesthete
- Remodelista Gift Guide 2020: Gifts for the Home Fragrance Snob
- Remodelista Gift Guide 2020: Cookbooks to Give (and Cook From) This Winter
- Holiday Gift Guide 2020: For Beloved Dogs & Cats