Happy holidays to our readers around the world, from all of us here at Remodelista. Here are 10 things to know about while you’re lounging by the fire, including last-minute ideas for wrapping, decorating, and more.
- Tomorrow from 12-3 p.m. at the Marin Country Mart: Alice Waters signs copies of her new memoir, Coming to My Senses, as well as My Pantry. Also on offer for last-minute gifts: Alice’s egg spoon, and more from Permanent Collection. (Read more about the legendary egg spoon here.)
- Multi-colored lights or simple white lights: which side of the holiday debate do you fall on? (Michelle is unabashedly, fervently pro-white lights; her husband, Josh, on the other hand favors multi-colored strands.)
- New from Ikea: a venture to turn “renewable forest raw materials” into fabric.
- For the last-minute decorator: here are our favorite stockings, tree skirts, and tree stands.
- And, 5 gift-wrapping ideas, using what you have around the house (and garden).
- Opening today at SF MoMA: an exhibit on Sea Ranch in Northern California. (Take a look inside a Sea Ranch cabin in Into the Redwoods: A Tiny 1960s Cabin in Sea Ranch, Restored and Revived.)
- And today from 2 to 4 p.m. at Muji on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan: custom holiday cards and wrapping are on offer.
- The 14 most intriguing interiors featured in T this year.
- 10 things nobody tells you about planting your first garden.
- And, the best glass pantry jars you can buy on Amazon Prime.
Previously in Obsessions: