It’s officially December—and the start of Hanukkah, the holiday season, and preparations and celebrations of all sorts. Here are 11 things to know about amid the hustling and bustling (pop-ups included).
- This weekend only, by our friends at Aesthetic Movement: Shoppe Object Marketplace in Industry City, Brooklyn.
- Want to make your house feel like an English inn? Enter design sleuths The Room Service, who uncover the local makers featured in design-forward hotels and restaurants in the UK. Their pop-up shop is at the Plain English showroom in Marylebone on December 5; info here.
- Fan let us know that the Dieter Rams documentary is now at the art cinema Metrograph in New York.
- And today at Muji Fifth Avenue in NYC: cookbook author Julia Turshen demonstrates recipes using Muji kitchenware.
- In the Silverlake area? Stop by County Ltd.’s holiday market at 2431 Hyperion Ave., today and tomorrow.
- In Minneapolis, The Foundry Home Goods hosts Thursday night mixers, 5 pm to 8 pm all through December, shopping and hot toddies included.
- Japanese shop Curious Corners pops up in Brooklyn this month.
- Launching today: bedding in new, limited-edition winter colors from our favorite purveyor of linens.
- 10 festive ways to decorate the outside of your house for the holidays.
- Gifts for the gardener (or houseplant obsessive) in your life.
- And 15 charming little stocking stuffers that will help you get organized.
Previously in Obsessions: