Here, in the midst of the busiest season of the year, are 13 things to know.
- Margot is just back from Paris and checked out Hotel des Grandes Boulevards in person: “With its green linen bed canopies and giant bathtubs, it was all that I’d hoped: inspiring details everywhere we looked,” she reports. Heading to France? She also recommends touring Le Corbusier’s own Paris apartment, newly reopened after a two-year restoration. “It’s within easy striking distance of Cravan, an inspired new cafe-bar in a classic Hector Guimard building. When we were there, the only thing they were serving was roast beef and Yorkshire pudding,” she says.
- Today in upstate New York from 2-6 p.m.: Alder and Co. partakes in the annual Germantown Holiday Stroll, champagne included.
- Fan is hoping to stop into Victory Market, going on today in Brooklyn. And, The Citizenry pops up in Manhattan (including makers’ series .
- From tiny silver mirrors to centuries-old paper stars, here are the ornaments we’re hanging this year.
- New in: a custom candle subscription service.
- Renovations, disrupted: meet the Warby Parker of bathroom renovations.
- And: 10 things nobody tells you about bathroom storage.
- Everything you need to know about holiday lights.
- Gifts for the organized gardener in your life.
- Looking for a last-minute holiday rental? Consult our list of Greatest Hits: 37 Top Rental Houses Featured on Remodelista.
Previously in Obsessions: