Holiday pop-ups are in full swing this second weekend of December. Take a look at the goings-on:
- Big news: Ikea is (at last) coming to Manhattan.
- Today in NYC: a vintage holiday pop-up by three Martha Stewart Living alums: it’s at Pasanella and Son Vintners, 15 South Street, from 12-7 p.m.
- Today and tomorrow in LA: the Echo Park Craft Fair, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. at 1215 Bates Avenue. (Just a few of our must-visit stalls? Rudy Jude (whose timber house in Maine we’ve featured) Carolina Juro’s Tumbleweed Tienda, and Caroline Z. Hurley.)
- And Brendan Ravenhill Studio hosts a sample sale today (with goods up to 75 percent off): 2122 Cypress Ave in LA, 3-5 p.m.
- Longtime favorite shop Dosa‘s holiday bazaar is also going on in LA this Wednesday, December 12, through Friday, December 14 (gift wrapping by Christina Kim included), 850 S. Broadway, #600, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day.
- Catch the last day of Carolina Irving & Daughters’ pop-up at KRB, 138 East 74th Street in Manhattan; it closes today.
- The female-founded Advent calendar: follow Norse Interiors’ Instagram stories for a discount at a women-owned business or shop, every day in December.
- Next Thursday and Friday (December 13 and 14) is the annual Henry Street Studio ceramics sale in Manhattan: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. each day at Prop Workshop, 1239 Broadway, 14th floor.
- Now open in Silverlake: designed-in-LA, made-in-Japan clothiers Smock.
- A New York-inspired holiday pop-up in Paris.
- A few of our favorite things: well-appointed laundry rooms.
- And, 10 things to do in the garden in December.
Recently in Obsessions: