This weekend, wrapping up our Apartment Life issue, we’re still discovering small-space tricks and budget hacks—many of which, yes, involve Ikea. Plus, a London installation we’d love to attend, a new New York showroom, and more. Take note:
- The 8 Ikea storage pieces designers love.
- Now open at the New York Design Center.
- New wallpaper by a UK-based botanical artist..
- Attention Londoners: starting in March, head to The New Craftsmen for an installation by glassmaker Jochen Holz and floral designer to the Royals Philippa Craddock.
- The return of the art poster, now at MoMA. (See also: a few of our favorites.)
- Opening soon at the Julie Saul Gallery: the French author Colette, as captured by legendary photographers.
- An Ikea curtain that also purifies the air.
- And, their new collection for summer 2019.
- And, compostable pendant lights by a Remodelista favorite.
- A chance to judge books by their covers.
- Stay tuned: longtime LA favorite Motti Casa is opening a second location.
- The new Ikea plant saucer you need right now (it’s 99 cents).
- And, 5 space-saving ideas to steal from a Brooklyn kitchenette, Ikea hack included.
Previously in Obsessions: