Join us for a book signing in New York this week; plus, 9 more things to know about this weekend:
- New Yorkers: Join Julie and Margot for a signing of The Organized Home book this Wednesday, February 6, from 6-8 p.m., at Meg Cohen Design Shop, 59 Thompson Street in Soho. Come in from the cold, say hello, and get ideas for decluttering and spring cleaning.
- Shoppe Object returns to New York, today through Monday. Among the highlights: John Derian will be doing a signing of John Derian: Picture Book in his booth today, 4-5 p.m. More info here.
- Now open in Austin: The Carpenter Hotel, by Remodelista favorites The Mighty Union.
- How the iconic Aalto stool is made.
- A daybed for kids and adults alike, courtesy of Studio Oink.
- And, Musui-Kamado, the cult favorite cooking pot by Japanese company Vermicular, is now available in the US.
- Is your garden at the mercy of the frigid weather? Here’s how to keep your plants warm.
- The latest houseplant trend: irresistible baby houseplants.
- Looking towards Valentine’s Day: a new collection, all in pink, from Rough Linen.
- And, for your weekend scrolling: 10 professional organizers you should be following on Instagram.
Previously in Obsessions: