Is it because blooming magnolias and baby lambs and Easter eggs are on the horizon? Or because the shifting gray-blue sky is presenting the perfect nuanced palette? The chill is finally behind us, and right now, the softest, most delicate, powder-tinged hues are looking extremely compelling–so much so that we’re devoting this week’s issue to celebrating the light side.
- Later today, we’ll be presenting a multitude of ways to use Muuto Dots coat rack hooks in our Five Favorites column. Here’s an advance look at Muuto Dots. (And don’t miss Julie’s Five Favorite Display-Worthy Coat Hangers and Izabella’s Leather Baskets Too Pretty to Hide.)
- Bunnies for the design-minded? Stay tuned for Justine’s finds. And, in the meantime, have a look at How to Build a Dog-Friendly House, plus our favorite Accessories and Toys for Cats and Dogs and their owners, too (pillowcases like these, included.)
- On Wednesday, Janet gets down to brass tacks with a 10 Easy Pieces column on wall-hung toilets–the pros, the cons, and 10 worth considering. In the meantime, have a look at our recent 10 Easy Pieces roundups, including Perfect White Sofas and 10 Instant Kitchen Islands.
- On Thursday, Christine will be leading us on a tour of a 17th century villa in Puglia, Italy, given new life–and a potent sprinkling of pastels–by Alexander Waterworth Interiors. Click here for more of our House Calls–did you see last week’s visit to Michael Chabon and Ayelet Waldman’s Craftsman Bungalow in Berkeley?
- On Friday, Izabella will be presenting powder-coated metal lights for every room in the house. And until then, have a look at more of our Lighting posts–from How to Install Flattering Lighting in the Bathroom to a $15 DIY Wall Sconce.