Detected (and admired): An emerging design style that combines spare lines and rough edges, old and new, minimalism and emotion. This week we’re exploring the new eclecticism.
- Adam Silverman ceramic lights add lava-rock-like texture to an LA house remodeled by Nickey Kehoe–watch for it in today’s Designer Visit.
- Studio City in LA is newly happening: Our favorite cafe, Joan’s on Third, recently opened a new branch on Ventura, Margot just made a pilgrimage to Magpi for colored huaraches, and, later today, in Shopper’s Diary, Julie is dropping in at Motti Casa (shown here).
- Brice and Helen Marden have an arsenal of color at their fingertips and they aren’t afraid to use it. In Tuesday’s Lodging post, we check into the artists’ new Tivoli, New York, hotel.
- Short, stout, and essential for braving the winter: To get through this week’s cold snap, we’re devoting 10 Easy Pieces to the best tea kettles.
- Are you ready to mix patterns or do you prefer a seamless backdrop? And which materials work best? In Remodeling 101, Janet delves into the 5 Questions to Ask When Selecting a Backsplash.
- On Friday, Margot pays a House Call to Sonora, Mexico–where it snows, on occasion–to visit the high-style rustic ranch built by Jorge Almada and Marie-Anne Midy, the couple behind design studio Casamidy. For an inkling of their capabilities, take a look at their San Miguel Home Base and their Waxed Canvas and Leather Furniture.
You need to login or register to view and manage your bookmarks.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation