Ocean breeze or mountain air? Cottage or compound? Historic or modern? This week, we’re packing our bags and heading out to to explore notable rental houses–and ways to settle into summer–the world over.
- Discovery: a historic Harbour Island cottage, recently featured in our post Island Life: At Home with Tom Scheerer, is available for rent. Go to Salt Box on VRBO for details.
- World-class architecture for rent: In today’s House Call, Julie shows us around a mountain house in Italy that’s at the top of our vacation wish list.
- Looking for a way to cushion a hammock or camp mattress? In Tuesday’s Fabrics & Linens post, Sarah presents striped bedrolls made for summer lounging.
- This reimagined 1820 farmhouse in Upstate New York fuses country primitive with urban industrial architecture–and, yes, it’s for rent. It’s Wednesday’s Architecture & Interiors spotlight.
- We love easy DIY Projects, especially ones that make clever use of leather. Stay tuned for these DIY magazine racks (and also have a look at Alexa’s DIY Leather Knife Rack).
- In need of summer-house lighting? Consider these industrial accordion wall lamps that are Friday’s Lighting find. And for other options, browse the hundreds of Lighting ideas in our Gallery of Rooms and Spaces.
- Saturday’s Architect Is In features Rafe Churchill’s net-zero-energy design and construction of a farmhouse in Connecticut. Churchill will be on standby over the weekend to supply details and answer questions.