We tend to be an off-the-cuff bunch here at Remodelista. But in anticipation of our favorite feast, we’re devoting this week to getting our households in gear for Thanksgiving (and all the festivities to come). Stay tuned for easy ways to spruce up your table, game-changing cooking gadgets, and where to source stacks of affordable tableware, linens, and folding chairs overnight.
- Later today, watch for Izabella’s Ceramics post on an LA “lab” whose handmade, white-glazed plates we covet by the stackful.
- Julianne Moore has one, and so does her design hero Vincent Van Duysen. On Tuesday, Julie shares where to source the in-crowd Kitchen Range–in matte black.
- It’s a tradition here–every Thanksgiving we turn to Le Marché St George, in Vancouver, BC, for tabletop inspiration (Canadian Thanksgiving takes place in October). This year, the two sisters behind the cafe outdid themselves.
- To streamline the prep work ahead, we’re sharing the wisdom: In Thursday’s Editors’ Picks, we’ve lined up the kitchen tools we swear by–and hope you’ll chime in with your own tips.
- In need of a gift, maybe for yourself? A French artist in Brooklyn block-prints napkins and tea towels that are an ideal seasonal pick me up. See her work in Margot’s upcoming Tabletop post.
- This weekend’s Architect Is In spotlights a passive solar house on the edge of South Africa’s Great Karoo. It’s the work of UK firm Openstudio, and principal, Jennifer Beningfield, will be on standby both Saturday and Sunday to answer questions.
- Looking for inspired DIY floral arrangements, garden-to-table recipes, maybe some curb appeal? Head over to Gardenista for holiday ideas.