From affordable sofas to tidying up routines, this week—as those of us in the New York area dig out from under—we’re investigating the nuts and bolts of urban living.
- In today’s House Call, a young couple, both architects, fills us in on how they spent weekends and after-hours overhauling their own Brooklyn place.
- Latest Etsy discovery: Well-priced lighting made by a couple in Reno. Watch for today’s Lighting post.
- In tomorrow’s Bedrooms and Sleep department, Alexa spotlights a clever wall-hung headboard.
- In our Hardware department, we take an appreciatory look at edge pulls for pocket doors.
- A rustic-luxe galley is our Kitchen of the Week. (Redesigning your own small kitchen? Consult our Urban Galley Guide.)
- Friday’s Expert Advice: Architect Oliver Freundlich explains the secrets behind effective and good-looking recessed lighting. Photograph by Matthew Williams from The Ultimate Starter Apartment.