As we head into 2015, we’re taking a look at design trends on the horizon. Join us as we investigate ways to refresh rooms, make good on our resolutions, and get a little more organized in the process.
- Sarah’s living-room shelf still life: “I could easily be a hoarder, but living in small rooms means less stuff and a more rigorous approach to what comes in the house,” she says. Go to Sarah’s Refined Rental in St. Helena, California, to tour the cottage.
- The most coveted storage containers are now available in glass. Vincent Van Duysen fans, preview the new designs in today’s Kitchen Accessories post.
- London’s star chef Skye Gyngell wanted a soulful and hardworking home kitchen. On Tuesday, we detail how to Steal This Look, from stove to cabinets to task lighting.
- Perfect for start-of-the-year self-reflection: modernist hand mirrors, many of which stand right up to the task. Watch for Wednesday’s 10 Favorites post.
- Stephanie Ross leads an enviable life: The owner of kids’ fashion label Les Petits Carreaux divides her time between Paris, where the clothes are designed, and California, where the clothes are made. In Thursday’s House Call, Izabella pays a visit to Ross’s glam French quarters.
- New York hotelier Sean MacPherson knows how to put antique designs to fresh use. In Friday’s Lodging spotlight, Heather shows us around his latest downtown NYC offering. To see another MacPherson creation, go to Honey, I Shrunk the Ritz.