You have 12 days left to submit your home remodeling and garden design projects to the 2018 Considered Design Awards. Our contest is open to both professional and amateur designers in separate categories, and open to readers in the US and Canada (excluding Quebec). Each of our category winners this year will receive a $500 gift card to shop Schoolhouse, plus full project profiles on our sites (and professional winners get automatic entry into our Architect/Designer Directory). You have until midnight Pacific on Friday, June 22, to enter. For more details, read our full Rules & FAQs and visit the Remodelista and Gardenista contest pages to enter.
In late June, after we receive all entries, we’ll name five finalists in each category, chosen by a panel of guest judges. (The eventual winners will be selected by reader votes.) We’re thrilled to share our 2018 judging panel of design luminaries.
- Favorite thing to cook: Curries.
- On my wish list for my house: Japanese bathhouse addition.
- Biggest design influence: I am constantly inspired by nature and living in California.
- Pets: Chachi and The Dude are our dogs, Lavender and Rocket are our bunnies, and Saphi and Daisy are our horses.
- Favorite work of architecture: Frank Lloyd Wright’s Fallingwater.
- Favorite design book: Can I go off-script and say my old collection of World of Interiors magazines?
- Favorite item in my closet: My “Supermom capes,” aka cashmere shawls.
- Most organized area of my house: My pantry, for sure.
- Latest DIY project: Wallpapering my powder room with pages of a vintage book, Know Thyself.
- Favorite wine: Domaine de Fontsainte Gris de Gris rosé; beautiful wine, beautiful label, beautiful price.