Somehow it’s Labor Day—and the countdown to the last days of summer. In the spirit of savoring every last ounce, here’s what we’re reading and admiring, this last long weekend.
- The New York–based Remodelista editors are longtime frequenters of Via Carota … and we’re anxiously awaiting the newest in the collection, Pisellino, set to open in the West Village this fall.
- A few Labor Day sales to take note of: SemiHandmade cabinet fronts (up to 20 percent off), CB2 (up to 30 percent off kitchen goods), Brookfarm General Store, and ABC Carpet & Home.
- Until she can get to Les Roche Rouges on the Cote d’Azur in person, Margot is living vicariously through the Instagram stories of Carla Maher (of @the_wood_house), there now.
- Fan is reading the secret to slow living, in Seoul.
- Urban Outfitters is getting into the vintage game.
- Getaway essentials.
- Currently tracking: @valleyschoolhouse, a new rental house in Värmland, Sweden, opening next year.
- Coming up at the New Craftsmen’s shop in Mayfair: a takeover by up-and-coming designer Malgorzata Bany, launching Wednesday as part of the upcoming London Design Festival; details here. (Not in London? Follow the takeover on Instagram.)
- This weekend, upstate: stop into the Sawkille showroom in Rhinebeck for “wine, snacks, and new work,” today and tomorrow 1 to 4 p.m. Details here.
- And, Annie is headed to an original Remodelista favorite for the weekend, discovered before the Catskills were cool.
- A Fog Linen look-alike for pennies on the dollar, and nine other storage finds from a surprising source.
- And, inside a pared-back, architect-designed lake house.
Recently in Obsessions:
- Current Obsessions: Summer State of Mind
- Current Obsessions: Snapshots of Summer
- Current Obsessions: City Escapes