At the end of our first-ever Maine issue, we’re hanging on to the last vestiges of summer (and wondering how it went so fast). Here are 11 things on our radar.
- We’re flattered by Emily Henderson’s shout-out on her blog, Style by Emily Henderson: “I think I can say with all my confidence that Remodelista is my #1 source of digital design porn on a daily basis,” she writes.
- Agonizing over whether to conserve or consign your mother’s fancy china? Read Gardenista editor in chief Michelle Slatella’s account in her latest interior design column in The Wall Street Journal.
- Last-minute summer getaways, thanks to the revamped midcentury American motel.
- In celebration of 70 years, Heath Ceramics is launching a new flatware line (in tumbled and polished finishes) and 10 new colors for an iconic collection (coming soon).
- Notice an uncanny resemblance between these two rug collections?
- And, cringe-worthy design, chronicled: @pleasehatethesethings.
- A new collection from Schoolhouse, coming soon—on-trend round pillows included.
- Saying good-bye to a Brooklyn backyard garden.
- The new “it” basket?
- No laundry room? All you need is a closet.
- And, on the virtues of shelf-lessness, via the New York Times.
Recently in Obsessions:
- Current Obsessions: City Escapes
- Current Obsessions: Tropical Modernism
- Current Obsessions: Artifacts of Summer