At the end of our Metropolitan Summer issue, this is what we’ve been eyeing this week. Plus, join us for a book signing:
- The next city apartment? This 237-square-foot tiny house was built in three days in Midtown Manhattan this week (and it produces drinking water and has a vertical produce garden, too).
- A Remodelista favorite fashion designer describes her understated approach and sensibility to Dezeen. (Her new London boutique at Coal Drops Yard opens on Oct. 26.)
- Thirteen types of windows, an unexplainable turret, and everything else wrong with this McMansion.
- We’re all obsessed with Ikea’s new modular, bakery-inspired kitchen island with extra storage. (Bonus: it’s under $100.)
- Spotted by contributor Morgan: beware of disaster design.
- Our favorite read on Gardenista this week? It’s a tie between this walk through Vice Media’s Brooklyn rooftop meadow and why you should be building fairy gardens.
- And, a new after-dinner game, by Gardenista contributor Kendra and available at Whitehart Provisions.
Recently in Obsessions:
- Current Obsessions: Tropical Modernism
- Current Obsessions: Artifacts of Summer
- Current Obsessions: Jetsetter