This week we’ve been helping you get a head start on your holiday shopping. Today’s the last day of our Remodelista Market in New York–come join us at the Park Avenue Garage Sale, 10 West 56th Street (4th floor); we’re open until 6 pm.
Also don’t miss Gilt.com’s Remodelista Picks: Design Essentials, a sale of 100 of our favorite everyday objects, available now through noon on Monday.
Meanwhile, back on the home front, we’ve been presenting holiday table possibilities, from great dining rooms to table-setting etiquette to inventive napkin presentations (and even a DIY beautiful extension cord). All next week we’ll be giving thanks by spotlighting designers, architects, and companies who are improving the world through their work. Meanwhile, here’s a look at what’s inspiring us right now.
- Some of us are wishing we could spend Thanksgiving in Auckland, New Zealand, meeting Tokuhiko Kise and Hiromi Karatsu of Truck Furniture who will be at Everyday Needs from 5:30-7:30 this Thursday.
- A trick to making small kitchens seem larger: counter-to-ceiling tiles via Cultivate.
- We’ve been enjoying Melissa Clark’s relaxed approach to roasting a turkey, and Julie is planning to try Mark Bittman’s recipe for Chinese Spicy Big Tray Chicken—both from the New York Times.
- Pinterest contest alert: Create a holiday decor pinboard for a chance to win a $500 gift card from Domino Magazine.
- A Kickstarter worth noting: Australian company Proper Audio’s PA1 Mountable Bluetooth Speaker, a circular design with a minimalist body made out of lightweight aluminum.
- Enter to win! We teamed up with Kaufmann Mercantile and Dwell to bring you the “Rooms We Love” giveaway. See what you’ll win, above, and get involved here.
And for much more inspiration, head to our most recent posts.