This weekend the Remodelista editors are popping in to holiday pop-ups and starting the shopping. Here’s a look.
- We’ve long admired the work of Japanese master potter Akio Nukaga, and now he’s in Brooklyn for a solo exhibition at the Monica Castiglioni showroom. Francesca and Alexa are both hoping to stop by. Says Nukaga: “I believe that my works are meant for everyday use with joy and that the most important part of my work is that people can enjoy the organic texture of soil and glaze.”
- We’re intrigued by “The Ceremony,” Jemima Kirke’s (of Girls) new exhibit at Sargent’s Daughters in New York, opening Wednesday. (See also our post on her mother’s eclectic townhouse, A Designer’s Haunt in Greenwich Village.)
- Now in lighting: admiring a new collection from Barn Light Electric.
- Spur-of-the-moment party? See our cocktail kit in a drawer for festivities on a moment’s notice.
- Want to get organized this season but don’t know where to start? Consult our Editors’ Picks: 10 Favorite Organizational Tools, over on the Organized Home.
- More holiday goings-on around the country:
- Meredith let us know about the Baana Holiday Shop on the West Coast, featuring Remodelista Market alums Melanie Abrantes, Hannah Beatrice Quinn, and Aplat, now through December 23 in San Francisco.
- New Yorkers, mark your calendars for the Curious Corners Holiday Market, December 13-24. (Margot likes the idea of the wrapping workshops with Anzu New York next Saturday.)
- Justine also clued us in to the Henry Street Studio winter sale, with handmade ceramics for purchase next Thursday and Friday in New York; details via their Instagram, @henrystreetstudio.
- And The Citizenry has The Bunkhouse, a new pop-up in New York’s West Village; Annie plans to stop by this weekend (and perhaps again when Scribe Winery visits on December 17).
- LA readers, don’t miss the one-day-only sale at Nickey Kehoe: 20 percent off storewide, today only at 7221 Beverly Blvd.
- If you find yourself in Toronto, check out Pi’lo Studio‘s sale tomorrow, 10-4, at 196 Shaw St. (find the side entrance) as part of the Trinity Holiday Studio Tour.
- Today’s the last day of the Canvas Home warehouse sale at 8 Jay St. in NYC, 10-6.
- Lastly, we’ll be heading to And North’s pop-up on East 20th Street in New York today and tomorrow, featuring bags by Zio & Sons, Deborah Ehrlich, and more makers from the Catskills—plus glögg.
Recently in Obsessions: