After a festive Thanksgiving, we’re looking ahead to the holidays. But first: the weekend. Here’s what we have our eye on.
- Our advent calendar pick this year: the Celestial Archive Advent Calendar by photographer/artist Hugh Hales-Tooke and image collector Stephen Ellcock, “a traditional cardboard calendar that depends on the antique magic of opening a window to a lovely image (no chocolates, cosmetics, pork scratchings, or sex toys).”
- Margot let us know about CW Pencil Enterprise‘s new NYC location at 15 Orchard St., “set up like a candy store and devoted entirely to pencils from around the world.” Pick up a few as quirky (and useful) stocking stuffers. (In New York? Stop by their pencil happy hour: Get two free name pencils with any in-store $10 purchase.)
- Now in New York: a ceramics pop-up featuring Akio Nukaga, presented by Anzu New York at Monica Castiglioni. In the area? Stop in; more info here.
- Today only: Get 20 percent off at Erica Tanov for Small Business Saturday; in-store in Berkeley, Marin, and Los Angeles, or online with code SHOPSMALL. And for more of our favorite deals going on this weekend, see 8 Sales for Cyber Monday (and the Weekend), 2017 Edition.
- What to do with leftover carrottops and onion skins after Thanksgiving? Michelle turned us on to this Zero-Waste Vegetable Broth, and we’re making it in bulk for all of our holiday cooking needs.
Recently in Current Obsessions: