Here’s what’s caught our eye, these first few days of August.
- On the market: E.B. White’s farmhouse in North Brooklin, Maine, vintage icebox and tacked-up writing notes included. Look inside.
- SF readers: Remodelista favorite Windy Chien’s first show opened yesterday at Themes + Projects gallery in San Francisco, and runs through September 30.
- Muji in retrospect: A dozen of the Japanese brand’s old-school, artful posters are on display in its LA shop, now through September 12.
- Spotted on Instagram: a new wallpaper collection from fabric designer Lindsay Alker and interior designer Susie Atkinson.
- Annie is reading Vol. 6 of the Absinthe Minded Magazine, with artful snapshots of the Swedish coast.
- How to clean everything in your kitchen, cabinets to stove.
- The un-Hamptons: Shelter Island, via The Wall Street Journal.
- This week’s most clicked: The Simple Life: A Montauk Beach House for a Creative Couple.
- We’re heading into our Scandi-style week; show us your favorite Scandinavian-inspired interiors on Instagram using the tags #RMscandinavian and @remodelista for a chance to be featured in our feed.
- And stay tuned: We’re announcing the winners of our 2017 Considered Design Awards on Monday.
Our recent obsessions:
- Current Obsessions: The Summer Cottage
- Current Obsessions: Height of Summer
- Current Obsessions: Bastille