Of note this week: a deep dive into tropical modernism, plus our upcoming book signing and more. Take a look.
- Catch us next Sunday, August 12, in New York City at Shoppe Object, a new, curated trade show by the founders of Aesthetic Movement and Capsule. Julie and Margot will be on hand to sign all three of our books. See you there.
- We’ve previously taken virtual tours of Coqui Coqui’s boho-chic residences on the Yucatán Peninsula (see Izamal and Coba). The latest addition to the collection? Bora Bora (complete with a boutique de curiosities).
- Stop into Alder East in Germantown, New York, this weekend for a pop-up with Karu (including the Alder East Apartment, transformed with Karu’s housewares). More info here.
- And now open: SoHo House in Amsterdam.
- Introducing the newest direct-to-consumer company, for paint.
- Artist we’re watching: Zai Divecha. (Is origami making a comeback?)
- Catch the work of Cecile Daladier and four other European ceramicists at a new exhibit in Australia, “Continental Drift.” The opening event is August 10; exhibition opens August 11. More info here.
- Currently admiring L’Aviva Home’s Cobre hammered copper lighting, inspired by Guadalajara and traditional Mexican copper pots.
- Now through August 16: Donate to the Wildlife Conservation Society Canada and be entered to win a quilt by Lindsay Stead. Get more details and enter here.
- Instagram to follow: Margot let us know about Danish designer @chrisliljehal‘s feed. (Take a look at her kitchen here.)
- A historic garden in Concord, Massachusetts, over on Gardenista.
- And: a good-looking new storage line, courtesy of Ikea.
Recently in Obsessions: