This last weekend of July, our latest Instagram obsession, and more.
- Take note: There are only a few days left to vote for your favorites in the 2018 Considered Design Awards. Vote now (and to vote for Gardenista projects, head here).
- Our latest addiction: @cheapoldhouses, featuring historic houses for sale across the country on the cheap (one we spotted was $5,000).
- And, this week in retro sitcom homes: the Brady Bunch house is for sale. Here’s the listing.
- Breaking news: March is hosting a major sale before they renovate their garden carriage house. It runs from August 4 to 11 at 3075 Sacramento St. in San Francisco. Snap up a few of Gwyneth Paltrow’s favorite housewares.
- Annie is in Maine and planning to stop into Flea-for-All in Portland, thanks to a tip from photographer Greta Rybus.
- Our friends Jo Anne Butler and Gearoid Muldowney of Superfolk are in a show called “The Expanded Field” at Lismore Castle Arts, exploring “the multifaceted nature of the Irish landscape;” it’s on view through August 19.
- Margot is admiring Dutch duo Scholten & Baijin’s new Darning Sampler textile designs for Maharam, for tablecloths or tea towels.
- New from Roman & Williams Guild: a candle subscription service.
- Eagerly awaiting MoMA Design Store’s Fall 2018 collection. (Julie likes the Finnish Element Hanging Shelf in particular.)
- And, where to shop in Marseilles (including a secondhand shop by a young art school graduate we’re dying to check out next time we’re in town).
Recently in Obsessions: