First and foremost, thinking about the wake of Hurricane Sandy, and about the looming election:
- Here are two ways to donate to victims of Sandy, courtesy of Brownstoner.
- Sarah and Julie got a preview of these quilts, on view at MARCH SF though January 7.
- Admiring the house visit of Dutch knitwear designer Nanna van Blaaderen from Freunde von Freunden.
- We’re thinking ahead: Thanksgiving centerpiece ideas.
- Christine has been contemplating Old Is New Again.
- Trying to decide if we like the design of Steve Jobs’ yacht.
- The change in weather has us thinking about knitting; in particular, these neutral knits by Rosa Pomar on Flickr.
- Checking out photos of Reese Witherspoon’s Ojai home, currently for sale.
- Alexa has been mixing Triple Crown Blackberry Jam by Inna Jam into yogurt almost daily this week.
- For those in Austin, Texas, Synonym Journal and Domy Books is holding an event on Saturday, November 10.
Meanwhile, on Gardenista:
- Michelle went to painter Duncan Hannah’s new show, The Infatuationist, at Modernism in San Francisco, and admired the artist’s work up close. Of particular interest: Lost Moorings, one of Hannah’s series of imagined book covers, and Chabrol, a compellingly intimate glimpse into strangers’ lives. The exhibit runs through Dec. 21. For more, see A Painter at Home: Duncan Hannah in Manhattan.
- We’re getting a jump on the holiday season with our Winter Gardens Pinboard. Follow us, and we’ll repin one or more of your images.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation