Spotted on Refinery 29: A DIY plant hanger that is as simple as tying a few knots.
If you have past experience with macrame, you have a slight advantage (but fear not—I never was a Girl Scout, and I found this project fun and easy).
Above: Plant hanger in neon pink cord, via Refinery 29.
- White ceramic pot; Ikea's Kardemumma; $1.99, or source planters at your local nursery.
- Bright pink cord; Amy Neon Pink Cord; $2.29 from Macrame Superstore, or find at your local hardware store.
- Ceiling hook.
Above: For the full tutorial on macrame plant hangers, go to and follow the step-by-step instructions. The simple instructions show how you make the hanging basket by measuring out eight equally long rope pieces and use a knotting technique to tie the ropes into a diamond pattern.
- Measure eight pieces of cord.
- Knot together per step-by-step directions on Refinery 29.
- Attach to a hook on the ceiling.