Succulent fences. Lavender fields. And Marfa minimalism. This week Gardenista is all about drought gardening with style.
- The classic Butterfly Chair is one of the key ingredients in a Marfa, Texas, indoor/outdoor house with Donald Judd–style privacy screens. Investigate the former dance hall and learn where to source its designs in Steal This Look.
- Did you know that lavender is a drought-tolerant plant? See examples of it thriving from Albuquerque to Athens in Purple Haze, today’s Outdoor Gardens post.
- Required Reading: a 1970s bible for gardeners with postage-stamp plots, now updated.
- Tall cacti make glamorous fences. Grow your own.
- For more ideas to steal from drought-tolerant gardens, go to Gardenista.