Have you ever resolved to clear an afternoon and hang a few pictures, refresh your kitchen cabinets with new pulls, maybe limewash a bedroom? This week, we’re zeroing in on DIY projects, doable ideas that have a satisfyingly big impact.
- Alexa admired some knives stowed in leather slings and figured how to make her own version: see DIY: Wall-Mounted Leather Knife Rack.
- Presenting the Remodelista DIY Project Hall of Fame: 10 favorite household upgrades that we did ourselves, some in a matter of minutes, others–such as Justine’s Wallpaper Alternative, shown here–in a weekend or two.
- In Tuesday’s Furniture post, meet new favorite under-the-radar makers from Australia.
- The art of the art wall: Check out the range of possibilities in this week’s Art & Decoration post. And, in the meantime, take a look at Six Simple Frames.
- In this week’s 10 Easy Pieces, Izabella asks, “Why not give your kitchen an easy upgrade with chic brass bin pulls?”
- Christine presents a chic solution to the budget flooring dilemma in this week’s Remodeling 101 column.
- Actress/designer Amanda Pays (shown here with her husband, star handyman Corbin Bernsen) has spent years economically overhauling interiors, and more recently she’s become a savvy house flipper. Her secret? She gets what she wants without ever breaking the bank. In Expert Advice, she divulges her cost-cutting secrets.