To jump-start our spring cleaning, we’re devoting the week to shades of pale, because nothing refreshes a room as easily or affordably—or satisfyingly—as fresh white paint. Of course, there’s a giant spectrum of whites; to find the one for you, go to How to Choose the Perfect White Paint and Architect’s White Paint Picks.
- Interior designer Michaela Scherrer’s living room display with collaged boxes—we’ll be revisiting her place on Friday.
- In search of maximum calm? We think we’ve found it in today’s spotlighted Remodel.
- Everlane, the upstart San Francisco clothing company, is ever expanding. In Tuesday’s Office post, we’ll be touring their quarters and taking design notes. Photograph by Carlos Chavarría.
- From the can’t-go-wrong department: This week’s 10 Easy Pieces is devoted to the classic white towel.
- Margot drops in on a stylist who remodeled her family’s quarters on a tight budget. Watch for Kitchen of the Week.