The Thanksgiving countdown is on, and we’re taking the relaxed route. Turn to us this week for ways to make your life easier: nearly instant tabletop decor, inspired cookbooks, the perfect hostess gifts–and exactly what you need to clean up with style too.
- In today’s Gift Guide, Sarah presents our favorite cookbooks of the year. Sarah herself applies the same strict rule to cookbook and clothing purchases: “I only buy things I’m actually going to use and that I’ll want to have around for a long time.”
- Pidgin in Vancouver has an inviting East-meets-West menu and design. Its warm, clean-lined look is worth replicating at home–see Tuesday’s Restaurant Visit.
- On Wednesday, watch for Kitchen Accessories, including perfect hostess gifts for the Francophile.
- You’ve likely admired Falcon’s enamelware. Now the UK company is branching out with a new line of Kitchen Linens woven in a mill in Lancashire.
- Vegetable centerpieces, falling leaf displays–turn to us on Thanksgiving for Tabletop ideas that make clever use of ingredients you already have on hand.
- Time for a clean sweep: In Friday’s Domestic Science column, we’re rounding up display-worthy brooms.