To celebrate the start of July, we’ve rounded up the ingredients for easy summer gatherings: screened porches, string lights, parade stools, and cocktails dispensed from roving bicycles and Citroín vans. Embarking on a remodel? Stay tuned for a DIY ranch house makeover and a primer on solar paneling.
- Izabella rounds up 10 essentials for a summer block party (or barbecue or picnic or backyard gathering).
- There’s no nicer place to be right now than a screened porch. One of our favorites belongs to architects Calvin Tsao and Zack Mckown of Tsao & Mckown–it’s Tuesday’s Steal This Look.
- Of all the countless ways to shoo away flies, this curious contraption wins the beauty prize. All will be revealed in Wednesday’s Accessories post.
- In Thursday’s Remodeling 101, Christine presents the latest word on solar paneling, including how much sunshine is required. This Maine house has solar panels and a standing seam metal roof.
- Where to source well-made US flags, new and vintage? Watch for our July 4 roundup.