To be filed under Eyesore No More: An easy-to-make, minimalist cat scratching post from crafty blogger Molly Madfis of Almost Makes Perfect. It might even allow you to uncloak your furniture and let it go naked.
Photography via Almost Makes Perfect.
- Wood (One piece cut into two. You can have your lumber store do the cutting for you: you’ll need one long piece and a shorter piece to serve as the leg.)
- Wood glue
- Miter box or saw
- Twisted sisal rope, chemical free and safe for pets, such as T.W. Evans Cordage, available via Amazon
- Hot glue gun
- Staple gun (optional, for stapling the rope in place before you begin wrapping it; hot glue or duct tape also work).
More simple DIYs for around the house:
- Weekend DIY Projects: 7 Wooden Storage Solutions from The Merrythought
- DIY: A Leather-Detailed Wooden Doorstop
- Salvaged Style: An Easy DIY Upgrade for Dry Cleaner Wire Hangers
N.B.: This post is an update; the original story ran on July 21, 2015.
You need to login or register to view and manage your bookmarks.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation