To be filed under Eyesore No More: An easy-to-make, minimalist cat scratching post from crafty blogger Molly Madfis of Almost Makes Perfect. It might even allow you to uncloak your furniture and let it go naked.
- Wood (One piece cut into two. You can have your lumber store do the cutting for you: you’ll need one long piece and a shorter piece to serve as the leg.)
- Wood glue
- Miter box or saw
- Twisted sisal rope, chemical free and safe for pets, such as T.W. Evans Cordage, available via Amazon
- Hot glue gun
- Staple gun (optional, for stapling the rope in place before you begin wrapping it; hot glue or duct tape also work).
More simple DIYs for around the house:
- Weekend DIY Projects: 7 Wooden Storage Solutions from The Merrythought
- DIY: A Leather-Detailed Wooden Doorstop
- Salvaged Style: An Easy DIY Upgrade for Dry Cleaner Wire Hangers
N.B.: This post is an update; the original story ran on July 21, 2015.