Let’s be real: when it comes to a bathroom remodel, most of us aren’t looking to break the bank on a toilet. Yes, we love a perfect porcelain Parisian marvel, and yes, we want a Patricia Urquiola pear-shaped loo, and of course we’ll take a near-Apple product techno toilet, but the reality is a simple, well-made, and no-fuss toilet will do just fine. (We’ll allocate the savings to tile or lighting instead.)
The first rule of keeping costs down is to go for something floor-standing—as opposed to the pricier wall-mounted styles. The second rule is to stick with classic brands like American Standard and Kohler. Here we present 12 convincing budget options—all under $300.
Shopping for other styles and values? See our posts for more:
- 10 Easy Pieces: Wall-Mounted Toilets
- 10 Easy Pieces: Compact Toilets
- 10 Easy Pieces: Modern Floor-Standing Toilets
- 10 Easy Pieces: Traditional Floor-Standing Toilets
- 10 Easy Pieces: Traditional Toilets with High Level Tanks