An iconic building gets an upgrade, a zero-waste kitchen pop-up, a new Ikea hack company, and nine other things going on this weekend:
- Luca Guadagnino (director of Call Me By Your Name) takes on interiors with a former silk mill on the shores of Lake Como in Italy.
- This just in: a new food hall in the Eero Saarinen-designed Bell Labs in New Jersey. (We’re planning a day trip.)
- Meredith emailed in from San Francisco to let us know about Aplat‘s zero-waste takeover of the kitchen at Heath Ceramics’ San Fran showroom. It’s going on today and tomorrow; more info here.
- Japanese scent specialists At-Aroma have opened two new retail locations in New York City.
- Our latest Ikea hack discovery? UK-based Naked Doors, spotted in our London house tour this week.
- Margot let us know about Caroline Z. Hurley’s newly unveiled fabric collection for Schumacher. (See our original post on Hurley here, way back in 2014.)
- Going on all month at the Wythe Hotel in Brooklyn: Greetings from Nashville, featuring offerings by Music City-based makers.
- Thinking ahead to the holidays (and wrapping), Annie likes this pretty patterned paper, new from Rowen & Wren.
- Launching tomorrow at 10 a.m.: Elephant Ceramics‘ fall collection, part 1.
- Is this the midcentury house from A Star Is Born?
- Julie let us know about upcoming wildcrafting walk and bundle-dying workshops at Maison Bergogne on October 21 in Narrowsburg, New York.
- How to feed hungry birds, no birdseed required, over on Gardenista.
- 10 Ikea storage essentials our editors own (and swear by), over on The Organized Home.
Previously in Obsessions:
- Current Obsessions: Autumn, Deconstructed
- Current Obsessions: From the Editors’ Desk
- Current Obsessions: The Hipster Homesteader