An upcoming book signing and nine other things to know about this weekend:
- Remodelista readers: Julie and Margot will be at Field + Supply in Kingston, New York, next Sunday; stop by to say hello (and get your book signed).
- Finally, a better housewarming gift, courtesy of Faye Toogood and The Modern House.
- We’ve long admired the work of ceramicist Natalie Weinberger (see our post on our retro-style lamps), and today and tomorrow she’s having an open studio and sale in Brooklyn as part of Bushwick Open Studios; details here.
- In the San Rafael area? Stop by Rough Linen’s oddities sale tomorrow, with wares discounted up to 80 percent. It’s going on 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. in their new showroom at 1925 Francisco Blvd East Unit #13, San Rafael, CA.
- Next weekend at Glasswing in Seattle: natural-dying workshops. More info here.
- One to add to the calendar: The Sea Ranch: Architecture, Environment, and Idealism, on exhibit at SF MoMA from December 22. (It’s timely, too: see our post on a remodeled Sea Ranch cabin here.)
- Quiz: how ready are you to buy a house?
- Admiring: a new line of vibrant tiles.
- 10 reasons to take another look at Urban Outfitters’ Apartment section.
- For the commitmentphobe: 10 lightweight, portable, pop-up outdoor showers, for next summer.
Recently in Obsessions: