From a legendary architect’s furniture to LA’s hillside homes, here’s what’s inspiring us this week, all in anticipation of our upcoming California design week:
- We’re keeping this retro LA showroom and boutique on our radar.
- Architectural visionary: how Frank Lloyd Wright’s early furniture designs influenced his aesthetic.
- Old favorites: ABC Carpet & Home is holding an antique rug sale; up to 70 percent off though April 4.
- Here’s to better sleep.
- Rid the blue light: seven things to never have in the bedroom.
- LA-bound? Consider this guide to Venice Beach.
- Stillness, gray, and light: at home with Oliver Gustav.
- Less gadgetry, more lard: how one cookbook author makes the most of her small Tuscan kitchen.
- This midcentury home follows the tradition of LA’s hillside residences.
- Uncovering the surprising health benefits of timber.
- Following these tips for caring for an outdoor investment piece, over on Gardenista.
Our Latest Instagram Inspiration
Obsessing over a new project or product? Share it with us via Instagram with the tag #RMFinds.
And if you’re always seeking new haunts and design picks, consider our recent posts: