Here’s what we’re taking note of this first weekend of 2019:
- Winter sales at Good, Ikea, Scandinavian Design Center, Brooklinen, and Serena & Lily.
- Fan clued us in to a new book on how to do everything from re-upholster a chair to travel with pets
- Margot has been browsing M+A, a new housewares site from two NYC designers. “It features minimalist designs—sculptural brass serving spoons, tufted cotton bedspreads, alabaster hanging planters—all ethically made in India,” she says.
- The case for switching back to a paper planner this year.
- 11 interior design trends for 2019.
- Apple Just Received a New Patent for “Smart Fabric”.
- The Life-Changing Magic of Netflix’s ‘Tidying Up with Marie Kondo.‘
- Norse Interiors debuts new custom fronts for Ikea’s Malm Collection.
- 8 eco-friendly beauty resolutions to make this year.
- The Modern House’s most popular homes of 2018.
- The secrets to keeping an air plant alive.
Previously in Current Obsessions: