On our radar this spring weekend.
- And at the top of the list: Bellport General, a new general store in Bellport, New York, with works by Remodelista favorite C. S. Valentin, among others.
- Still need a Mother’s Day gift? Consult our picks.
- Or, head to this Mother’s Day Pop-Up, today from noon to 5 p.m. at Sawmill Studio in Oakland, California. There will be goods from Permanent Collection, Erica Tanov, Coyuchi, Sarah Kersten, and more, plus mimosas.
- Today at Erica Tanov in LA: 15 percent off in celebration of Mother’s Day (plus treatments from the Colvon Mobile Truck).
- And today in Brooklyn: an opening for a collection of chairs with artist-designed block prints, plus an installation by Annie Coggan, this evening from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Russell Janis gallery.
- The latest shoppable apartment takes hold in New York City, now through May 27, with direct-to-consumer brands.
- New in London: a new Society Limonta flagship.
- More proof that East Fork is primed to take over the East Coast: a new collection on view at Calliope as part of NYC x Design.
- Also in New York: a sample sale at John Derian, today from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., at 8 E. Second St. And check out Brooklyn Designs, going on today and tomorrow at the Brooklyn Museum.
- We’re hoping to stop into Zero Waste Bistro, a no-waste pop-up bistro in New York that’s a mini version of Restaurant Nolla in Helsinki, presented by the Finnish Cultural Institute, May 19-22 only.
- And Fan let us know about this vintage swap in Brooklyn this weekend.
- We’re followers of The Lekker Creative, a new blog from Lekker Home (the hosts of our first-ever New England market, back in 2015).
- Finally, don’t forget to enter to win $20,000 from Remodelista, plus $5,000 to use toward tile from Fireclay Tile, now through May 31.
Elsewhere, on Gardenista and The Organized Home, two picks from Paris:
- 9 small-space ideas to steal from a petite French apartment.
- Plus, inside a bright, architect-designed houseplant shop in the City of Light.
Recently in Obsessions:
- Current Obsessions: The Gallerist
- Current Obsessions: Weekend Reading
- Current Obsessions: The Chef and the Ceramicist