On our radar: the multitalented (and design-minded) chef, a new line of clothing from Rough Linen, and a new shop in Dobbs Ferry. Here’s what we’ve bookmarked this week.
- In case you missed it: We went live on Facebook with architects Jess Thomas and Andrea Fish of Brooklyn-based Shapeless Studio. Check out our tour of Thomas’s own “sentimental minimalism” brownstone (one of our most popular posts of the year on Remodelista) here.
- At last: Rough Linen’s new clothing line.
- And, where to see Ilse Crawford’s new rug collection in Milan, in collaboration with Kasthall (including only 50 limited-edition Åker rugs, signed by Crawford).
- Margot is planning on stopping into At Land, a new shop (and coffee and tea bar) on Main Street in Dobbs Ferry, New York, “a stone’s throw from the Hudson River,” she says.
- Enter to win from women-led brands (including the Primary Essentials, Helen Levi, Rebecca Atwood, and Caroline Z Hurley), now through April 30.
- LA readers: Join Erica Tanov for two events in celebration of Design by Nature: a panel discussion as part of the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books, today at 3:30 p.m. (tickets here; it’s number 1124); and a signing at the Los Angeles store, tomorrow, 12-4 p.m. at 777 S. Alameda St. (Plus, read our post on the book here.)
- See it in person: a West 11th Street townhouse by Remodelista Architect & Designer Directory member Made will be a stop on the Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation’s spring house tour; get tickets, then stop by on May 6, 1:30-6 p.m.
- Opening today at the Oakland Museum of California: J. B. Blunk: Nature, Art & Everyday Life. (Take a look inside the Blunk House in Northern California here.)
- And, save the date for Permanent Collection‘s Mother’s Day Pop-Up: Saturday, May 12, 12-5 p.m. at Sawmill Studio in Oakland, California.
Recently in Obsessions: