As we continue to look at our own spaces anew this January—deaccessioning and organizing—we’re reminded of the classic Van Der Rohe idiom: less is more. Here’s what’s on our radar:
- Only a few days left to enter for a chance to win more than $3,000 towards a 2019 room refresh. Details here.
- Fresh off of our Scottish issue, Fan is newly fascinated by the tiny, rustic little shelters called bothies scattered throughout England, Wales, and Scotland.
- Margot is in Boston and hoping to stop into the Ansel Adams exhibit at the MFA.
- Healdsburg Shed, one of our all-time favorites, is closing its doors… but it’s open for just two more days.
- Shoppe Object returns to New York, February 2-4.
- And, now open in a stately maison in Paris: a new showroom for Liaigre.
- Noting the launch of a new, non-toxic matte paint.
- And, admiring the new offerings by Farmhouse Pottery and Studio McGee.
- 5 low-tech essentials that will keep the house warm.
- 12 old-fashioned hardware store finds that will save you money, gardener’s edition.
- And, we admit it: there are some things we’ve regretted jettisoning. Our editors’ decluttering regrets, revealed.
Previously in Obsessions: