Last month, Alexa headed off to Paris armed with little more than a camera and a list of all our favorite French designers and creators, including Clarisse Demory, Cécile Daladier, and David Rager and Cheri Messerli. This coming week, we give you a behind-the-scenes look into their homes and insights into their favorite Paris finds, plus visits to our favorite shops and restaurants. And in the meantime, this is what’s been on our radar closer to home.
- Alexa visited Lucile Demory while she was in Paris; stay tuned for her Style Counsel profile on Lucile. Photograph by Natalie Weiss for Remodelista.
- Across the pond is a $25 million mansion in Brooklyn’s Park Slope, via Brownstoner.
- Unlock your front door with your phone. Julie’s eying Yves Behar’s latest design: the August Smart Lock spotted on Engadget.
- Do we need another Josh Vogel spoon? Sarah thinks so. Vogel’s work will be on display at March SF from June 6th where fellow Hudson Valley resident, artist and basket maker Jonathan Kline will also be showing his sculptural pieces.
- One of Alexa’s favorite stops in Paris: Pierre Jeanneret and Le Corbusier’s La Maison Roche.
- And if you do happen to be in Paris, Droog will be providing Parisians with a taste of their Hí´tel Droog at the Merci store from June 4th to the 15th–and three lucky couples will be sleeping there overnight.
- With the upcoming MoMA exhibition on Le Corbusier, Christine has been checking out this sartorial essay and wondering if the clothes maketh the architect.
- Speaking of Bauhaus, how about a bit of Gropius Inspired Food Photography? Via Architizer.
- Finally, if you are looking to crack open some vino this summer, Stacey is checking out Real Simple’s wine-buying tips.