Happy summer solstice! Gardenista has us prepped to greet the new season, flower confetti and grottage (garage guest cottage) at the ready.
Here are our favorite posts from this week’s Scandi Midsummer issue:
- Do you love to deadhead flowers? Put them to use as Floral Confetti for tabletops and pathways, says Kendra. And don’t feel restricted to roses. (These are Bupleurum, a classic bouquet filler.)
- An Enchanted Garden in Sweden is this week’s Garden Visit–and the interiors at Häringe Slott, a castle-turned-hotel near Stockholm, are equally intriguing.
- Pelargoniums are not to be confused with geraniums. They’re a cult plant in Sweden, and the subject of this week’s Field Guide.
- Do you have a garage that’s a grottage in the making? The Outbuilding of the Week is a former one-car garage converted into a 186-square-foot guest cottage, compact kitchen and bathroom included.
- Just as we kick off the Remodelista Considered Design Awards this week, Gardenista is doing the same–and offering a new crop of award categories. Go here to find out how to enter, and here to read about the prize for winning entries: a limited-edition Jieldé Desk Lamp.