The late-summer song of the crickets is reminding us: it’s time to get back to school and work. Toward that end, we’re devoting this week to getting things at home in order.
- Labware lines the kitchen shelves at Christina Kim’s Dosa 818 in LA.
- It’s not too late for a beach escape–or to take inspiration from a seaside boutique motel with furniture made by small workshops around the country. Watch for Izabella’s Hotels & Lodging post later today.
- Wouldn’t it be nice to wake up to a well-organized closet? Alexa shows us how to recreate this black-white Swedish design in Steal This Look.
- Are desks outmoded now that laptops are everywhere? We don’t think so–but finding real estate for a work table can be challenging. In 10 Easy Pieces, Margot presents desks for small spaces.
- In Thursday’s Architect Visit, Christine details an apartment in Barcelona neatly divided for two brothers.
- The perfect, affordable fall addition: a new floor mat. Watch for Friday’s Domestic Science post.