This week we’re devoting our days to end-of-the-year festivities (cocktails included).
- Deck the table with flowering bulbs and a branch in a bottle. Photograph by Northern Heart via Mornings Like These.
- Noticed lately: rustic peasant chairs in stylish interiors. Check out the possibilities in today’s Trend Alert.
- In Tuesday’s Object Lesson, Megan presents a nutshell history of the cocktail shaker and where to source the ultimate examples.
- The perfect-for-right-now detail: wintery throw blankets. Find the ones you’ve been looking for in Wednesday’s 10 Easy Pieces.
- Happy holidays! Today, we’re looking ahead to 2015, and toasting Remodelista and Gardenista readers near and far.
- From Boxing Day until early January, we’ll be presenting the best of Remodelista in 2014. Watch for favorite design discoveries from a different country each day, First up: Switzerland, including these rental chalets by renowned architect Peter Zumthor.
- Ice lanterns, a garage turned studio apartment, favorite shades of gray paint–catch Gardenista’s best posts of 2014 in this week’s Snow Days issue.